Hunger. Poverty. Disease. The challenges of the world are large, complex and multidimensional. No one can tackle them alone. But by combining resources, we can make a real difference.
As a global Jewish people, we have a moral imperative to address the world’s most pressing challenges. We cannot stand idly by. We must take action.
OLAM is a broad coalition of partner organizations, working together to raise awareness in the global Jewish community of the importance of supporting the world’s most vulnerable communities and to improve the quality of our work on the ground.
A global Jewish people who embrace service and international development efforts to support communities in need around the world.
To provide a shared platform to promote “global Jewish service” – volunteering and service learning, international development, and social justice advocacy – by convening the field, connecting people, and communicating about the work.
Together with our partner organizations, we raise awareness in the global Jewish community of the multitude of ways to support vulnerable peoples in developing countries in a Jewish or Israeli context.
- We will showcase our partners’ work and signpost a variety of opportunities for people to get involved in it.
- At conferences, we will raise the profile of our partners and of the field as a whole.
- We will organize and lead study tours for key influencers such as funders, rabbis, teachers and academics.
- We will promote thought leadership in the space, curating and creating content that explores the intersection of Jewish values, service and international development.
We build connections between our partner organizations to facilitate learning and to strengthen the field’s work.
- We will offer online learning opportunities.
- We will connect our partners with expert advisors for one-time or ongoing consultation.
- We will provide travel subsidies for professional development or collaboration sessions.
We offer regular, structured opportunities for the field to meet, explore and learn from one another. Our annual summit, a multi-day event in the field, will focus on issues specific to the rotating host country. Together, we leverage our knowledge to create greater impact on the ground.